We at York City Knights & the York City Knights Foundation (Registered Charity 1112571) (registered offices Garbutt & Elliott, Triune Court, York) (“we”, “our” or “us”) are committed to respecting your privacy and want to make sure all the personal information we have collected about you is safe and secure.
This Policy set outs our commitments to you, in compliance with and beyond the General Data Protection Regulation (commonly known as the ‘’GDPR’’) and explains how we collect, store and use your personal information.
We are not required to appoint a Data Protection Officer. However we will manage all data to ensure the highest level of commitment to your personal information. If you have any questions about this Policy or what we do with your personal information, our contact details are set out in section 15 below.
2. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In most cases we will be a data controller of your personal information. A data controller controls how personal information is processed and used. We will use your personal information as described in section 5 below.
A data processor processes and uses personal information in accordance with the instructions of a third party, i.e. the data controller. In any case where we are not a data controller, this means that you cannot exercise your rights against us directly, but you can do so against the data controller (i.e. the person who controls how we process the personal information). In these cases, we will inform you who is the data controller of your personal information so that you can direct any such requests to them.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
When you sign up to become a Season Ticket Holder, Member or otherwise sign up to access services that we provide, either through www.yorkcityknights.com (our ‘’Site’’) or otherwise, you may provide us with or we may obtain personal information about you, such as information regarding your:
• personal contact details which allow us to contact you directly, such as name, title, email addresses and telephone numbers; • date of birth; • gender; • season ticket details including start and end date;
• records of your interactions with us such as telephone conversations, emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us; • any credit/debit card and other payment details you provide so that we can receive payments from you and details of the financial transactions with you; • use of and movements through our online portal, passwords,
personal identification numbers, IP addresses, user names and other IT system identifying information; • records of your participation and/or attendance at any events or competitions hosted by us; • images in video and/or photographic form and voice recordings; and • your marketing preferences so that we know whether and how we should contact you.
4. WHERE WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We typically collect personal information when you sign up to become a Season Ticket holder, Member, sign up to receive Newsletters, services or products provided through our website or other methods, purchase any products we offer online, make a query and/or complaint or when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or in some other way.
5. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
The table below describes the main purposes for which we process your personal information, the categories of your information involved and the lawful basis for being able to do this.
6. DIRECT MARKETING
From time to time, we may contact you by email, post, phone or SMS with information about products and services we believe you may be interested in.
You can also unsubscribe from our marketing by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing messages we send to you.
7. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, we share information where we need to do so in order to run our organisation (e.g. where other people process information for us or are required to process information for the benefit of York City Knights). In such circumstances, we will put in place arrangements to protect your personal information. Outside of that we do not disclose your personal information unless we are required to do so by law.
We share personal information with the following parties:
• Any party approved by you or notified to you at the point of data collection; • To the Rugby Football League governing body • Other service providers: for example, email marketing specialists, payment processors, data analysis, promotional advisors, contractors or suppliers and IT services (including CRM, website, video and teleconference services); • The Government or our regulators where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations or initiatives;
• York SMC, where we are required to do so by law or to support and assist with operational issues. • Police, law enforcement and security services: to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime and the protection of national security; • Certain parties who act as joint Data Controllers or Data Processes in relation to services that we provide. You will be notified where this is the case;
We do not disclose personal information to anyone else except as set out above.
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We will only hold your information for as long as is necessary. Where you ask us to delete records, we may delete it earlier, subject to any retention requirements.
The duration for which we retain your personal information will differ depending on the type of information and the reason why we collected it from you. However, in some cases personal information may be retained on a long-term basis: for example, personal information that we need to retain for legal purposes will normally be retained in accordance with usual commercial practice and regulatory requirements. Generally, where there is no legal requirement we retain all physical and electronic records for a period of 6 years after your last contact with us.
Exceptions to this rule are:
• Information that may be relevant to personal injury claims, or discrimination claims may be retained until the limitation period for those types of claims has expired. For personal injury or discrimination claims this can be an extended period as the limitation period might not start to run until a long time after you have worked with us; • Where we have specific internal policies relating to the retention of data for compliance matters; • Where we have specific internal policies relating to the retention of medical data.
It is important to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, and you should let us know if anything changes, for example if you change your phone number or email address.
You will be able to update some of the personal information we hold about you through the relevant York City Knights department or by using the details set out in section 15 below.
9. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled by law to ask for a copy of your personal information at any time. You are also entitled to ask us to correct, delete or update your personal information, to send your personal information to you or another organisation and to object to automated decision making. Where you have given us your consent to use your personal information in a particular manner, you also have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by using the details set out in section 15 below. You can also unsubscribe from any direct marketing by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing messages we send to you.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
• the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used; • the right to access the personal information we hold about you; • the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you; • the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances; • the right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met; • the right to object to the processing of your personal information; • the right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider; and • the right to object to certain automated decision-making processes using your personal information.
You should note that some of these rights, for example the right to require us to transfer your data to another service provider or the right to object to automated decision making, may not apply as they have specific requirements and exemptions which apply to them and they may not apply to personal information recorded and stored by us. For example, we do not use automated decision making in relation to your personal data. However, some have no conditions attached, so your right to withdraw consent or object to processing for direct marketing are absolute rights.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal information, we are here to help and would encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint by using the contact details set out in section 15 below.
10. LINKING WITH THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our commercial partners, Rugby League Bodies, advertisers and clubs. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and they will be a data controller of your personal information. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies and you should check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
In addition, if you linked to this Site from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
We employ a variety of technical and organisational measures to keep your personal information safe and to prevent unauthorised access to, or use, or disclosure of it. Unfortunately, no information transmission over the Internet is guaranteed 100% secure nor is any storage of information always 100% secure, but we do take all appropriate steps to protect the security of your personal information.
We take information and system security very seriously indeed and where third-party providers store data on our behalf, we endeavour to ensure they comply with industry best practice and current GDPR legislation.
13. LOG FILES
In common with most websites, our Site logs various information about visitors, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP) information, referring / exit pages and date / time stamp.
We may use this information to analyse trends, administer the Site, track your movement around the Site and gather broad demographic information.
14. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
In the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you we can be contacted on 01904 876527 or in writing to York City Knights, York St John University Sports Park, Haxby Rd, York, YO31 8TA.
York City Knights is a Company registered in England and Wales.
York City Knights Foundation is a Registered Charity number 1112572